Last Friday we met up with the lovely Amber Jackson, from the This Morning fashion team – see below for some great tips on how to get onto the show
1. What fashion stories do you have on the agenda at the moment, and which ones are you most excited about?
We are working of our Sex in The City ‘Get the style of..’ feature, I love the clothes in the SATC films and shows, so looking forward to doing out take on the girls individual styles.
2. What advice would you give to PR’s pitching to you? Should they call or email, and how often?
Emailing us on a Wednesday afternoon is probably the best bet as we have fashion on our show Tuesdays and Fridays and we only really plan a week ahead of ourselves. Emailing is best as we place the emails in a folder to remind us ho to call in
3. What tips can you give for appointments? How much product do you like to see, and what can the PR do to make an impression?
The best bits from a collection of items that sum up the brand are the best to see. On appointments its just nice to be able to put a face to a name and phone voice.
4. Is there anything you recommend PR’s avoid doing when pitching/attending appointments?
Probably talking too much about the brand like a script, its better to discuss the items and brands rather than being told what the are like.
5. How many emails do you get a day, and what percentage of those do you manage to open?
I receive on average 75-100 emails a day, but I do manage to read all of them. Evens if it just quickly, if its of interest or importance I’ll place it in a folder to follow up on.
6. What is your wish list accessory for this season?
A great bag! I struggle to find a really great bag, this season I’m looking for a great vintage style clutch to go with my summer looks
7. What’s the best PR freebie gift you’ve ever received?
Freebie are never expected but always a nice surprise. Vouchers are always great to receive as you can spend them as and when you wish, but once I received a gorgeous charm necklace which I loved.
8. Top press trip you’ve been on?
Dinner at Gaucho was a great night out with press, we ate drank and laughed!
9. What tips can you give PR’s on how to make a story catch your eye?
I’m not sure, for us its really just about weather the items are relevant enough for our story or web blog, as we can’t be seen to be favouring one brand in particular.